As you all know I had my first opportunity camping two weekends ago and there is only one word to describe camping with my foster parents and foster siblings - AWESOME! Dee-Dee, Pops and I were loving life as the three main ingredients of camping are our favorite aspects of life sleeping, eating AND hiking! I was unsure at first if I would enjoy camping you know 'roughing it' but when my foster mom and dad told me we would be camping in style, a 5th wheel camper with two beds for us dogs, I was like 'count me in'!
We had the same routine pretty much every day we woke mommy up at 6am, went bye-bye, ate our breakfast, went hiking, ate lunch, went for a walk around the campground, ate dinner, and then relaxed in the evening by the campfire. I have to tell you my two favorite parts were eating (naturally) and hiking. My mommy believes if we are good dogs while her and daddy eat we can try some 'people food'! My ultimate favorite was SMORES (obviously without the chocolate) they were delicious!
As for hiking we took it slow the first day mommy did not want to push me too much, since my leg is still healing, so we went on a trail along the Delaware River the scenery was beautiful. The second day we went to the Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) and we went on a more challenging 2.5 mile hike! I wont go into all the details of the hike but I will describe my favorite part. We were walking along the trail and I heard a loud noise that I had never heard before. We then began descending a bunch of stairs and the air started to get a little cooler! Just as I stepped down from the last stair I saw the most beautiful site but I did not know what it was as I had never seen this before. I asked my foster mom what it was and she said it was a 'waterfall'! We hung out at the waterfall for a while as Dee-Dee went wading in the water (once my leg heals 100% I think I may give wading a try!) and then we hiked the remainder of the trail and I really enjoyed myself. We eventually made it back to the truck and I was EXHAUSTED! Boy I never realized how out of shape I am! We drove back to the campground, ate dinner, sat by the fire and relaxed for the remainder of the evening. The following morning we packed up and headed back to Newton, NJ. I will never forget my 1st camping experience and I cant wait to go again!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment