Hi All,
My name is Peggy....I was rescued recently from a shelter where I was surrendered with my other GSP brother and sister. We had to go there first to get a start on our new lives. I'm a graceful old girl, everyone thinks I'm about 12-14 years old, but a lady never tells!
These nice volunteers came and took me and my brother, Otto (he has his own blog, too....you can visit it at www.egspcrpotto.blogspot.com) from the shelter and brought us straight to the vet....so I was happy to get out of the shelter, but not so happy about the vet part. We were hanging out in the truck with them, I just slept on the backseat the whole time, but my annoying little brother kept falling on the floor, stepping on me and trying to sit up front. He's blind, but it sure didn't stop him from moving around! Turns out, all he wanted was to sit in the front seat right in between the rescue girls. Then he was happy!
It turns out that I'm in not as good of shape as I look, I've got lyme disease and hookworm, but I'm getting treated for both and will make a full recovery. I did get all my shots and my nails clipped while I was at the vet and I cooperated. I did give everyone quite a scare because I have a large tumor on my leg that was never treated and thet vet suspected it was cancerous and possibly quite advanced. I had to have some tests done on it, and the good news is that it's not as bad as they thought. We won't know exactly until I have a biopsy done (I don't know what that means, but I don't think I'm going to like it!) so I'm going in for surgery on Thursday to have the tumor removed. I can't wait for that to happen...I've been walking around with this on my leg for a long time, and while I'm used to it, it's not comfortable at all. I will let my foster parents wrap it and put medicine on it because it feels so much better when they do. It prohibits me from running and jumping as much as I want, and I have lots of trouble going up and down stairs because of it, so as much as I'm scared of surgery, I am SO excited that the nice rescue people are going to help me have a better quality of life.
My foster Mom spoils me big time and I love it! I'm such a good girl though, I deserve it if I do say so myself. I am very lady like and haven't had any accidents or gotten in any trouble in the few days I've been here. My foster Mom calls me "Peggy Sue" and I wag my whole rear end in happiness. I'm glad that they saved me, I love being loved. I now know what I've been missing for a long time. I know my brother, Otto is happy to be in his foster home, and I can't wait for my sister, Whitney to get to her foster home next week, so she can see what it's like! My foster Dad is great, too...he wasn't even home from work 10 minutes on the day I arrived and he built me my very own ramp so that I can get up on my very own bed. The dogs here have their own bedroom that they even share with me! When I'm home alone, I just hang out by myself because the other dogs are downstairs in the basement...I think it's because they are trouble makers, I hear they like to eat the garbage and one of them loves to eat toothpaste! I am much too ladylike for that nonsense and just hang around.
The "other dogs" I live with are 2 other GSPs, a boy and a girl...they are both in "my age group" of semi-senior citizens...ha ha! I like both of them a lot, the boy is a little cranky and growls when I go near his bed, but I think sooner or later, he'll learn to respect his elders! I want to play with them and I try, but with this tumor on my foot, it's too painful so I can't wait until I'm all healed to run around. For an older girl who acts like a lady, don't let me fool you, I've got plenty of energy!
So, that's it for now. I will check back in next week after I'm all recovered with a full report!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment