Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Forever Home....At Last!

I wanted to share the good news with everyone that has been following my story I am proud to announce I have found my 'Forever Home'. My foster family was saddened that I was going to be leaving them and they did their fair share of crying at times; however, they were thrilled I had found a 'Forever Home' and they wanted to make the best out of my remaining days with them. I have to share this story with you so everyone can realize what a great foster family I had and how amazing the people in the rescue group truly are. The evening before my departure my foster mom wanted to have a 'Best Wishes, Sending Off Party' for me so can you believe it they baked me a cake! Of course as you can see in the photo the doggy friendly portion of the cake was the non-icing side! That night we all had cake together (and boy was it delicious) and everyone said such nice things to me and wished me the best it was great.


The following morning Saturday, September 5th we all went for my last walk around the block in Newton. My foster mom kept calling us the 'Trifecta' during our walk because she says Pops, Dee-Dee and I are three beautiful pointers. We then departed for our trek down to Marlton, NJ with my foster parents to meet my new family. As you can see from the photo it was a long 2+ hour drive and my foster mom and I fell asleep for most of the ride! When we arrived in Marlton my foster dad woke us up.


Much to my surprise we finally arrived in Marlton. My adoptive family was comprised of many individuals including a new mom, dad, son, a 4-legged brother and a 4-legged sister whom were formerly adopted by the family as well. All I can say is boy all three of us are so lucky! My new family already updated the EGSP Rescue Group on my status and my mom said I fit right in with the family, it was a smooth transition, they were already falling in love with me, and they will continue sending periodic updates to the group.


I am very lucky to have found my forever home; however, I did want to take the time out to thank all of the volunteers from the rescue that made this possible. Without all their hard work and determination to find an old gal her forever home who knows what the outcome would have been. Having the surgery and finally receiving the medical attention I needed for my ailments has made me feel years youger and I can do anything now! I know fostering and dealing with the sad losses and outcomes must be hard at times; however, I want to speak on behalf of all the rescue dogs that have passed through EGSP Rescue and say all of us dogs really appreciate your efforts and we cant thank you enough for giving us a second chance at life! Bye for now.....Pegster!

No comments:

Post a Comment